Information We Collect
VIRGINIA ABRASIVES CORPORATION (“VIRGINIA ABRASIVES”) collects various types of information from all of its customers including visitors to www.virginiaabrasives.com (the “Site”). Virginia Abrasives’ web server collects general data pertaining to each Site visitor, including the IP address, the domain name, the web page, the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting this Site. This information is collected to, among other things, aggregate information from online and offline sources, facilitate system administration, improve the content of this Site, customize and improve the user experience for Site visitors and customers, and generally improve customer service. Virginia Abrasives also collects personally identifiable and transactional information provided by companies and Site visitors that purchase products from the Site. This information includes shipping information, credit cardholder name and card number/expiration date. Virginia Abrasives may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to VIRGINIA ABRASIVES customer service representatives. This information helps Virginia Abrasives to respond to inquiries regarding this Site.
Use of Information Collected
VIRGINIA ABRASIVES uses the information that is collected from Site visitors and customers to, among other things, better serve customers, improve the content of this Site, and customize the shopping experience for Site visitors and customers. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES may also use the information collected to notify Site visitors of changes to this Site, to notify Site visitors of new products, and for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose of VIRGINIA ABRASIVES. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES may choose to share information with third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and third party service providers, and with any successor to VIRGINIA ABRASIVES‘ interest. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES may disclose information about any Site visitor in response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise VIRGINIA ABRASIVES’ legal rights and defend against legal claims. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES does not sell or rent its customer list.
Website Security VIRGINIA ABRASIVES Site security is a priority. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES continually reviews and updates the security methods implemented to protect information transmitted via this Site, including measures to secure and protect all personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and alteration. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES uses SSL encryption technology to provide for the security of vital information. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES, however, cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure.
VIRGINIA ABRASIVES is dedicated to ensuring that your account remains secure. Learn more about the various ways to protect your www.virginiaabrasives.com account:
1. Keep Your User ID and Password Secure To enhance your online safety, keep your personal information private.
2. Never reveal your password to anyone.
3. Change your password periodically.
4. Protect Your Account from Online Fraud Often called “spoofing” or “phishing”, the most current methods of online fraud are fake emails, Web sites and pop-up windows, or any combination of these. Spoof emails are phony emails, which appear to have originated from a legitimate company. These phony emails ask you to go to a spoof Web site and provide your personal account information. To bait you, often these deceptive emails may allude to an urgent matter concerning your account. In many cases there is no easy way to determine that you are on a phony Web site because the URL may contain the name of the company it is spoofing. However, if you type, or cut and paste the URL into a new Web browser window and it does not take you to a legitimate Web site, or you get an error message, it was probably just a cover for a fake Web site.
• Delete suspicious emails without opening them. If you do open a suspicious email, never click on a link or open an attachment contained in the suspicious email.
• Do not provide your sensitive information by email or phone unless you initiated the contact.
• When entering private information, confirm your security by looking for a closed lock on the Web page. Click on the lock icon to verify that the security certificate has been issued to www.virginiaabrasives.com. To report a suspicious email that uses VIRGINIA ABRASIVES’ name, immediately forward it to sales “at” virginiaabrasives.com. Please remember, however, that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user IDs and passwords and absolute security on the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
Information we collect from you, from your device, or from others
We may collect information about you (and the computer or device you use to access our Sites) in a variety of ways:
- You may directly provide information to us
- You may choose to allow social media platforms to share information with us
- We may gather other information from your device when you visit our Site or other services, or when you view our online ads
More detail on each of these is immediately below.
Information you directly provide: When you participate in our offers, programs, or Site features (or otherwise communicate with us), you may directly provide us with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, and postal address or zip code
- Username or password
- Phone number
Other information you affirmatively allow a third-party service (such as Facebook) to provide to us: Information from social media platforms
If you choose to access or make use of third-party social media platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social media platforms allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Site. Some social media platforms also will facilitate your registration or log-in for our Site or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social media platform will always be voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information social media platforms may make available to our Site by carefully reading and reviewing those platforms’ privacy policies.
The following are examples of the types of information we may collect in this way:
- Device type (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile device)
- Browser type (such as Internet Explorer)
- Operating system (such as Windows)
- IP address, device ID, or similar information
- Geolocation information
- Websites or online services you visit before or after our Site
- Your interaction with our Site (such as the links you click and the pages and items you view)
- Whether you open or forward our emails or click on elements within these emails
Unsubscribing from E-Mail Marketing
Each Site visitor can unsubscribe from receiving e-mails containing promotional offers from VIRGINIA ABRASIVES simply by sending a request indicating such desire to sales “at” virginiaabrasives.com or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email.
Third Party Links
This Site may be linked to other sites that are not owned, maintained or operated by VIRGINIA ABRASIVES and not subject to the same Privacy and other Policies. VIRGINIA ABRASIVES is not responsible for the content of those sites or the use of any information collected from you by those sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or sponsorship of such sites and VIRGINIA ABRASIVES disclaims any liability for links: (i) from another website to this Site, and (ii) to another website from this Site.
VIRGINIA ABRASIVES may update this policy from time to time. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which VIRGINIA ABRASIVES handles personally identifiable information under this policy will be provided on the Site.