Diamond Polishing Pads
ABOUT DIAMOND POLISHING PADS
Diamond polishing pads contain industrial diamonds bonded with resin, and are used to polish marble, granite, terrazzo, concrete, limestone and sandstone to a smooth, glass-like finish with a series of steps starting with the lowest-grit to the highest grit.
HOW LONG DO RESIN BONDED DIAMOND POLISHING PADS LAST?
As with all abrasive products, the quality of the pads you choose will determine the amount of polishing you will get. With these pads, you should expect approximately 15,000 square feet of polishing, while less-expensive pads will only last between 5,000 to 10,000 sqare feet.
HOW DO I POLISH A SURFACE WITH A DIAMOND POLISHING PAD?
Achieving a high-gloss, polished surface is a long process that requires time and patience. For best results, do not skip any steps.
- Purchase a quality diamond polishing pads set and backing pad.
- Attach backing pads to the variable speed wet/dry grinder.
- Ensure that the work surface is secured properly and will not slip.
- Attach the 50 grit pad to the grinder and start polishing from left to right at low speed, less than 1,000 RPM. Polish until most saw marks and scratches have been removed from the surface.
- Switch to the 100 grit polishing pad and repeat the same process. At the end of this step, you should not see any visible saw marks or scratches.
- Switch to the 200 grit and repeat the process.
- Switch to the 400 grit pad and repeat. At the end of this step, you should see the granite is beginning to shine.
- Progress through 800, 1,000, 1,500 grits. You will be seeing a shine on the surface.
- Finish with a 1,500 grit pad. At this point, you will see a shiny, glassy finish on the surface.