Diamond Blades For All Applications
CHOOSING THE RIGHT BLADE
Navigating this page to find the right diamond saw blades starts with knowing these items:
- FIRST: What kind of material is being cut – cured concrete, green concrete, asphalt or asphalt over concrete, masonry, brick, block, or stone
- SECOND: What level of diamond concentration do you want? Basic Diamond Concentration, Best Price - BD, Better Diamond Concentration, Great Price - Ultra Value, Best Diamond Concentration, reat ROI - Premium or Professional Quality - Supreme
- THIRD: What kind of saw is being used – right angle grinder, table saw, chop saw, high speed cut-off saw, or walk-behind (high or low horsepower)
- FOURTH: Will the cutting be done wet or dry
- What level of performance (cutting speed and cut quality) do I need – higher diamond concentration on the segments may cost more, but offer greater cutting performance, life and overall value, increasing ROI
DIAMOND BLADE BONDS
The bond on a diamond blade is also important to choosing the right blade. Depending upon the aggregates in your area, you might need a hard bond, soft bond or medium bond blade. Read more about diamond blade bonds in our blog post: Diamond Blade Bonds and Why They Matter
Virginia Abrasives’ Diamond Blades are categorized in four levels:
- GOOD: Called BD, which stands for BASIC DIAMOND, these offer good diamond quality with basic diamond concentration. These blades have good performance and good product life.
- BETTER: Our UV, or ULTRA VALUE blade, offers a better diamond quality with moderate diamond concentration. These have a better performance with better product life.
- BEST: The PREMIUM blade offers the best diamond quality with higher diamond concentration. This blade has great performance and speed with the best product life.
- PROFESSIONAL: Virginia Abrasives SUPREME blades are specifically engineered for long life in a professional use setting.