ONLINE RESELLERS: Minimum Advertised Price Policy
Manufacturer Advertised Price/Manufacturer Selling Price Policy
Effective November 18, 2022, a minimum advertised price policy (MAP Policy) on all Virginia Abrasives Corporation (“Virginia Abrasives”) products will be in effect. International accounts must reflect pricing as translated into their local currency.
Virginia Abrasives® has spent an extensive amount of time building a brand of strong recognition and a high perceived value. In order to, among other things, ensure Virginia Abrasive’s reputation for providing customers with high value products and to encourage Virginia Abrasives' dealers, distributors and resellers of certain products to invest time and resources in providing information and services to consumers of such products, Virginia Abrasives has unilaterally established this MAP Policy.
The terms of the MAP Policy are as follows:
- The MAP Price shall be based on Virginia Abrasives current advertised List price. The greatest discount off MSRP will be 35%, unless otherwise communicated in writing.
- All Virginia Abrasives products are established by Virginia Abrasives and may be adjusted by Virginia Abrasives at its sole discretion, including without limitation by including additional products at its sole discretion on Exhibit A.
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of Virginia Abrasives products in any and all media, including, but not limited to, internet listings including, but not limited to, Amazon and Ebay, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, Internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. The MAP Policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s).
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Virginia Abrasives or another manufacturer) with a Virginia Abrasives’ product would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the product below the MAP for such product.
- If pricing is displayed in other than a brick-and-mortar retail store, any strike-through or other alteration of the MAP is inconsistent with the MAP Policy.
- MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold
or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone. Virginia
Abrasives’ dealers and sales representatives remain free to sell these products at any prices they choose.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and sales representatives may offer Virginia Abrasives products at any price in excess of the MAP for such products.
- The MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price,” that consumers should “call for a price,” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
- All trademarks of Virginia Abrasives are solely the property of Virginia Abrasives. As the property of Virginia Abrasives, the use of advertising materials provided by Virginia Abrasives maybe done in an authorized manner only.
- Virginia Abrasives may monitor the advertised price of dealers and sales representatives, either directly or via third party agencies. In the event a dealer or sales representative chooses not to follow the MAP Policy, sanctions may be unilaterally imposed by Virginia Abrasives, including without limitation termination of dealership or sales representatives. Virginia Abrasives reserves the right, in its unilateral desertion, to take other actions against any dealer or sales representative that violates the MAP Policy, including to prevent such reseller from using Virginia Abrasives brand, trademarks and logos. Virginia Abrasives will enforce the MPA Policy in its sole discretion.
- E-Bay, Amazon, Etsy, and other Auction Websites Policy:
- Buy It Now Options: Must be listed at a price equal to MAP or greater.
- Auctions: The reserve and/or opening bids must start at MAP without a Buy it Now option.
- Best Offer Auctions: Not allowed.